This document may not apply to every shop. Please talk to your shop manager to determine if this document applies to your shop.
- Test HEAD of master thoroughly.
- Review and update the change log.
- Determine the new version number by determining if there was a breaking change since the last release. If there was, it's a major bump; if not, it's a minor bump.
- Update all version numbers in source files and commit (a.k.a. bump version).
- Tag with
- Branch with
- Push the new branch and tags.
Consider using a tool to automate this process: see Tooling for Conventional Commits
A patch fixes a bug in an existing release. This is how to release a patch.
- Fix the bug in master (not in the release branch).
- Cherry-pick the commit(s) into the release branch.
- Test release branch thoroughly.
- Update change log.
- Bump version and tag on the release branch.
- Push release branch and tags.